Wednesday, 5 May 2010

Words

Tonight I was reminded of these words I wrote:

My Jesus hung upon that cross; they pierced his chest with spears

Dying and naked, he hung in love desperate to draw us near.

A crown of thorns tore at his head,

Yet Grace and mercy flowed

Mocked and tortured for our sins;

He paid the debt we owed.


I’m Unworthy of forgiveness

I’m Unworthy of his Grace

But my Saviour saved me anyway,

On that cross he took my place


From everlasting to everlasting, he sets the captives free.

No longer am I held by the chains sin had round me.

He gives rest to the weary, hope in despair

And forgiveness to all who’ve done wrong

He saved my soul; he’s my stronghold,

I want to praise him with this song.


I’m Unworthy of forgiveness

I’m Unworthy of his Grace

But my Saviour saved me anyway,

On that cross he took my place


Yes living he loved me

And dying he saved me


Yes living he loved me

And dying he saved me


Yes living he loved me

And dying he saved me

By his blood I am redeemed.


No comments:

Post a Comment