Monday, 10 May 2010

Crazy Days

Ok... So here goes.

I'm not really sure this has a point yet - but maybe by the time i'm done writing it might! (I hope so!)

It's been a crazy few days.

On Saturday I had the amazing privilege of meeting some of the most passionate and inspiring people I think I've ever met, from the tab life centre in Pontllanfraith.

We had a prayer and intercession time at tintern abbey - words can't even begin to describe how amazing it was.. I then discovered they run a summer camp

(I would encourage anyone crazy enough to be reading my ramblings to check out www.burningheartsco.com )

Looking at the website I came across this passage -

'Mission: Why are we here?
To empower a generation of forerunners for the coming of the Lord - into a lifestyle of Sacred Devotion, Radical Intercession and Extravagant Love for the lost; sustained by the fire of Intimacy with God and the Present Reality of the Kingdom, becoming Agents of Change in the communities of the earth.'

Isn't that just incredible?

Shouldn't that be our mission?

We are called to be passionate, hungry and thirsty for the things of God.

I was listening to a sermon from Mars Hill in Grand Rapids - called "Stay thirsty..."

What am I thirsty for?

Am I thirsty for revival in this land?

I've been considering these questions this week. I'm learning things about myself I didn't know.

I want to be thirsty.

So that was Saturday.. Sunday I just relaxed with the family, went to church and caught up with a really great friend Rhys :)

Monday was an emotional day actually... We said our goodbyes to a Lady in the church who passed away.

She was also a family member, but we had not seen her for a very long time as she was in a care home.

She was a pretty inspirational lady, even now I still remember (and lots of people pay tribute) how hard she worked at anything she did.

It was an incredibly sad occasion, but there was joy at the same time..

There was a chorus that came to my mind:

When I stand in glory,
I will see His face,
and there I'll serve my King forever
In that holy place.

She was called home.

(Its definitely been an emotional few days)

Life is so short, I want to live while I get the chance.

I feel alive.

Check out Psalm 36 if you get the chance. :)

God is good...

Even when life is consistent (my weekends a pretty good example of that)

"Yesterday, today, forever - You never change"

In the words of one of my favourite songs of all time:

"All of my life, In every season, You are still God, I have reason to worship"

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment